Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Light




In these silhouettes, I put a white sheet on the top of the ceiling and posed for the pictures. The first two photos were just for fun and trying to make silhouettes, but the last one shows me playing baseball. I used to play baseball, but not anymore. I still love to play though. I liked the way my the shadow figure of my body made you really see what I was doing. For example, the cowboy picture, you could see my open mouth, and because you could see that, it helps tell a story. What I could have done better was not get so many blurry pictures. If I didn't have the timer, the picture wouldn't have gone out of focus as much.  









Direct light pictures were my favorite to do, because of the different ways the object looked and the shadow looked in different light. I liked the way the ornaments' shadows turned out because of the glass of the ornament. But my personal favorite was the chandelier. The shadow was on the ceiling, which made the shadow look exactly like the chandelier, except from a different angle. In most of these pictures you see the object and shadow from the same angle, but in the chandelier picture, you see the same object in two different angles. Most of the objects, like the guitar, tennis balls, and baseball, show what I like to do. The rest I thought would make for good direct light pictures because of the way the shadow was seen. It was difficult to find the right angle to put the light, but when I did find the right angle, they turned out the way I wanted.   

No comments:

Post a Comment